Hey everyone, the other night I went on a date with my wife. We dropped our two girls off with Grandma and Papa and chose to go out to dinner and see a movie. We had a great time and I just wanted to let you know that I was pleasantly surprised with the movie we chose to see, Soul Surfer. Man, what an incredible story and true testimony of a persons endurance and persistence. For those of you who are not familiar with this movie, it's the true story about a young girl (Bethany Hamilton) who wanted something more out of life. She had a dream to become a professional surfer.
One day while surfing the waves in Hawaii she was attacked by a shark that actually bit off her arm. After nearly dying from losing 60% of her blood she recovered but was then faced with having to learn a new way of life. Instead of letting life kick her to the curb and giving up… she chose to perservere. With only one arm she decided to get back on that surf board and try again.
- First of all, I think most people would be terrified of the water after losing an arm and I'm sure that she was too but… That didn't stop her.
- Second of all, I think most people would throw in the towel and give up on their dreams after an incident such as this but… That's not what she did!
When life knocks us down we have to get back up again! I can pretty much guarantee that each one of us will be knocked down several times during our lifetime. But every time we are knocked down we have a choice to make. Winners don't stay down. Winners get back up and try again which is exactly what Bethany Hamilton did. Since she was a person who decided not to give up even under some horrible circumstances, people started to take notice. She started receiving fan letters from people that were telling her what an inspiration she was to them. She started being recognized worldwide and had many doors open for her (like a movie deal). But most of all, she was able to show others that they too can overcome their problems. You see, if she would have given up she wouldn't have had the chance to influence so many people in a positive way. In the end, with many struggles and obstacles, Bethany achieved her dream of becoming a professional surfer.
In a nutshell, Bethany's story was about her dream to become a professional surfer, her struggle (losing her arm) and her victory! (overcoming her obstacles & turning pro). Incredible! Wow, Isn't that what your success is all about?
Most of the time when we look at others who are successful we just think, great for them, they must have gotten lucky. What we don't see are all the struggles that they went through daily to get their victory. I think that Bethany's story of overcoming can be an inspiration for all of us. I highly recommend seeing this movie, it will move you! In the end credits they show actual footage of her first time surfing after the shark attack so stick around for that. Very Inspiring! That's all for now!
Don't wait for miracles to happen – Be The Miracle!
p.s.Heres another video
pp.s. If you enjoyed reading this article and find Bethany's story inspiring, please share this with others
This video tutorial shows you how you can capture your entire computer screen and create an image or a photo from it. After I capture my screen I can tweak the image by inserting it into a paint program like Microsoft paint. This is valuable to know because it allows you to make tutorials or graphics for your website. I hope this helps you.
Here is a diagram of what I have to push on my keyboard. You may only have to push prt scn.
Don't wait for miracles to happen – Be The Miracle!
p.s. Please don't hesitate to share the love!
Is Ron Wyatt telling the truth when he says that he found the Ark of the Covenant in a cave 20 feet below where he believes to be the crucifixion site of of Jesus? Ron says that after Jesus died on the cross and the rocks rent (broke open), the Holy blood that was spilled after a spear pierced the side of Jesus, flowed down through the crack in the Earth and dripped onto the Mercy Seat of the Ark of the Covenant. Is Ron Wyatt telling the truth?
p.s. If anyone has found any scripture evidence for this claim please let me know.
I often had the questions: Why are there so many different versions of the Bible? With so many different versions of the Bible, how do I know which one to read? Is the Bible really the word of God? Pastor Mike Hoggard does a fantastic job proving what version Christians should to be reading and why (Backed up by scripture). Watching this video and understanding what he's saying is crucial!
In 1604 King James proposed a new English version of the Bible to be written. The translators were required to follow a set of fifteen general rules. I will focus on two.
Rule # 1 – “The ordinary Bible read in the church, commonly called the Bishop’s Bible, to be followed, and as little altered as the original will permit.”
Rule # 14 – “These translations to be used when they agree better with the test than the Bishop’s Bible, versions.; Tindal’s, Matthews’, Coverdale’s, Whitchurch, Geneva.” SIDE NOTE: Tindal is another spelling for Tyndale. Whitchurch is another name for the Great Bible.
So basically what is being said is that the King James Bible was to be written from the Bishop’s Bible along with the 5 previous English versions. Here's a list of the Bibles that were to be used again.
1. Tyndale’s Bible (1526)
2. Coverdale’s Bible (1535)
3. Matthew’s Bible (1537)
4. Great Bible (1539)
5. Geneva Bible (1560)
6. Bishop’s Bible (1568)
And thus a 7th English Bible was born out of the 6 previous versions.
7. King James Bible (Authorized Version) (1611)
Could this be what Psalm 12:6 is addressing?
Psalm 12:6 (King James Version)
6The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Another thing worth mentioning is that God waited until there was a Christian King (King James) to preserve his word. "James" is the English word for "Jacob," whom God renamed "Israel."
Genesis 32:28 (King James Version)
28And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
Ecclesiastes 8 (King James Version)
4Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?
Here are some articles worth checking out!
If you like this video then you may want to check out another presentation that Mike Hoggard did at the Prophecy Club. This video is also about "which Bible should I read" but it's a little longer. You can watch it HERE.
Let the Truth be Known!
If you have never read the Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki, I highly recommend reading it as soon as possible. In this book he explains that everybody falls into at least one of four quadrants. Either you're an Employee, Self employed, a "B" type Business owner or an Investor.
In the next couple of paragraphs I will attempt to explain what each of these quadrants are all about, however; If you want all the details then I would recommend reading the book for yourself.
Years ago when I was starting to learn business principles, this was one of the first business books I read. After I read the book I realized (based on the things that I wanted out of life) that I was earning income in the wrong quadrant. You see, it's not to say that any quadrant is better than the next, they're just different and depending on what you want out of life you may also realize that you're making money in the wrong quadrant too. That's up to you to decide but for me, I wanted my Time back.
The quadrant is broken into the left side, the right side, the top and the bottom.
- The left side (the Employees and self employed people) trade their most precious commodity which is "TIME" for income. The employee will go to work every day and exchange their hours for dollars. The Self Employed person will also go to work every day and exchange their hours for dollars but instead of having a job, they own a job. In fact, quite often the "S" stands for stress because these people are stressed out. Why? Because they are responsible for the success of their "S" type business as well as the expenses that come with it. They have to pay for the supplies, the buildings, the utilities, the trucks, the gas etc.. They are also the last ones to get paid since they owe their employees a paycheck first (whether or not they have a good week). An example of people that fall into the "S" quadrant are: Doctors, Lawyers, landscapers, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, etc. I could go on all day and list off all the Self Employed businesses where the owner still has to trade their time for money but you get the idea. It is said that 95% of people are in either of these two quadrants generating 5% of the money. Can you think of anyone that you know that is in the "E" and "S" quadrant?
Did I mention that the left side looses their Time?
I would venture to say that when an employee gets fed up with their situation they try to move from the "E" quadrant to the "S" thinking that they will free up their Time however; what ultimately happens is that instead of having a job they own a job. What they really meant to do is switch sides of the quadrant which brings us to the Right side.
- The Right side consists of 5% of the people who generate 95% of the money. The "B" type business owners are the people who invest their time and money into "Systems" that generate passive Income that frees up their time. It is sometimes said that these people can "make money while they sleep" because they have a system that generates passive income. For more information on passive income read this article. Now lets get back to the "Systems" idea that is present in the "B" quadrant. Franchises are a part of the "B" quadrant but not all are equal. In a successful Franchise system the owner is hardly ever there working but yet the system operates successfully without them. One such example would be owning a McDonalds Franchise. Do you ever see the owner of your local McDonalds restaurant flipping burgers? No, they have people in charge of all aspects of their Business. Another example of a "B" type Business owner would be a person who owns a successful Network Marketing business. Why? Because people on your team help to operate a system that produces passive income. Again you can read this article.
Let me sidestep for a minute and try to illustrate an example for you of the mindset of the "E" and "S" versus the "B". Suppose that all the wells that supplied a village dried up. So the Mayor of that village called together a town meeting to discuss how to get water from a fresh water source that was 2 miles away and put it back into the well that supplied the village. For every gallon of water that was put into the well, that person made a dollar. Now here's the catch. It doesn't matter how the water gets there, just as long as it does.
Since everyone knows they will get paid a certain amount of money for every gallon of water they supply to the well, they start carrying buckets. They trade their Time for dollars doing manual labor. This is the example of the "E" quadrant.
Well, the Employee decides he wants to make more money and moves from the "E" to the "S" quadrant. He employs people to help carry buckets and maybe slaps a sticker on his office door that says senior bucket carrier. They might even buy bigger and better buckets for their employees to carry. What they don't realize though is that they have to manage all the aspects of their business themselves and instead of having a job, they own a job.
For this reason the left side of the quadrant is often called the bucket carrying side. Both the "E" and the "S" carry buckets everyday!
The illustration below is an example of what the people in the "B" quadrant would do. They would read books, purchase information, maybe attend seminars and get mentored from people who know how to build pipelines. While they are researching and learning they start to build pipelines that connect from the fresh water source to the village well. By the way, this doesn't happen overnight. Let me ask you a question. When your pipeline is only half way finished, how much water is flowing to the village? None right; so how much money are you making? None. Often times while the "B" type business owner is building their pipeline they are getting laughed at because they aren't making any money. They are still building their pipeline but once that pipeline is connecting the well to the fresh water supply, the "B" type business owner now has a system that does the work for them (the pipeline is the system). Now all they have to do is maintain the pipes here and there and every time someone turns on their faucet to get water, The "B" is generating Passive Income. Now they have time to do what they want and even the know-how that if they choose, can build more pipelines. So what does this mean?
The "B" type business owner, thru a system, has both TIME and MONEY!
Here are some examples of "B" type business systems that the owners would have TIME & MONEY!
- A successful franchise owner – The franchise has a system that operates without the owner being there. One of the problems however is that they often times cost more than the average person has ($100,000 – $1,000,000) and for the real successful systems like a McDonalds franchise, there are often waiting lists.
- A self employed business owner who has subtracted themselves from the equation – Many times this takes years to do but it can be done! One of the potential problems that I see with training someone that is qualified to replace you in your business is that often times they start their own business doing exactly what you are doing and become your competition. Be careful!
- Network Marketing – Often times when a person enters into network marketing there is already a system in place. Just remember however that not all network marketing opportunities and network marketing systems are equal. A person who has a successful network marketing business may have thousands of people in their down line. This may take years to accomplish but one of the benefits is that you can get involved for a minimal fee. Unlike a Franchise.
- Internet marketing – A person who has learned how to develop a successful Internet marketing business has learned how to "make money while they sleep". It takes time to set up and learn the ropes but many people have made millions with the internet. This person may have hundreds of pages online collecting e-mail lists, drawing people to their business center and sales pages. This is automated. You could be sitting on the beach and still selling a product on the Internet. This is the model that I personally like best!
- Now lets move on to the "I" or the Investor quadrant. This type of income is called portfolio income (when money generates money). This is the quadrant that is usually entered when people have enough Passive Income (the type of income that is generated in the "B" quadrant) to filter into different types of investments. It is said that if a person doesn't have $250,000 that they could lose in an instant and it wouldn't even make a dent in their finances, then they're really not the type of investor that is on the right side of the quadrant.
By now you should realize that the people on the left side of the quadrant (the "E" and "S" ) make up 95% of the people that you and I know but only generate 5% of the total dollars. That's like having 20 people fight over 1 dollar (The Rat Race). They trade their time for income.
The people on the right side of the quadrant (the "B" and "I" ) make up 5% of the people but generate 95% of the total dollars. That's like having 1 person fight over 20 dollars. Of course they're not fighting. They invest their time and money into systems that generate passive and portfolio income.
Robert Kiyosaki explains that what you need to move from the left side of the quadrant to the right side is INFORMATION from the correct source. Now let me ask you a question.
WHAT SIDE OF THE QUADRANT DO YOU WANT TO BE ON?
I look forward to sharing more with you soon but for now…
Don't wait for miracles to happen – Be The Miracle!
p.s. If you find this article informative, please don't hesitate to share the love!